It’s Tuesday and as I looked around it seems that almost every book blogger has participated in Top Ten Tuesday, so I will too. Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week’s topic is: Top Ten New To Me Authors.
- Veronica Roth — I received the first two books in this series for Christmas and got started reading them at the very beginning of the new year. Definitely a fan of the Divergent series, although I thought the ending could have been better.
- Beth Harbison — So far she has been a one-hit-wonder for me. On a whim I bought one of her books at a secondhand shop and didn’t love it, but enjoyed it. Will read another eventually.
- Diane Chamberlain — The book I read by her was definitely a let down. I had heard such good things about her writing, but didn’t think it was up to par.
- Cassandra Clare — I began the Mortal Instruments series over the summer and although I am only two books in, I am hooked! Can’t wait to complete the series and start her others.
- Heather Gudenkauf — She has also been a one-hit-wonder, but I am dying to read more by her. The first, and only, book I have read by her, I completed within 12 hours. So good!
- Gayle Forman — When I found out If I Stay was becoming a movie, I decided it was time to read the book. I liked it a lot, but am deciding whether the sequel is worth reading.
- Emily Giffin — The book I read by her was a let down as well. I had heard great things about her work, but I just didn’t like it as much as others. I am contemplating trying another.
- James Dashner — Mastermind behind the Maze Runner series; I read the first book before I saw the movie, but I wasn’t THAT impressed. It didn’t suck me in like others have, but I still want to find out what is in store next.
- Jamie McGuire — I will gladly admit that I am a fan of the “Beautiful” series. Yes, there were things in there that I disagree with, but they are extremely addicting books. I can’t wait to read about the rest of the Maddox boys.
- Maggie Stiefvater — I joined a read-a-long in order to read her Wolves of Mercy Falls series and was taken by great surprise. Her writing is wonderful and I enjoyed the series so much!